Friday, May 28, 2010

While Mom's at Work

It's great how mom's and dad's do things differently.  And it's great for kids to be alone with their mom, and alone with their dad.  It's good for them to see two sides of the parenting spectrum.  Case in point: when mom goes to work.  I would really like to be a fly on the wall on one of these occasions because I think I would get a few good laughs at watching Brian with all three kids by himself.  I have gone to get Leah in the morning and laughed at his choice of "pajamas"(or lack thereof).  I have found out that dinner consisted of a cheese stick.  This night happened to be one where the kids "just couldn't get to sleep" as they told him.  If it were me (and I'm in no way saying my way is better because it's just as often not) I would have marched them back to bed and tucked them in again.  Not Brian.  He says, "lay down then (right there in the hall), and don't get up or make a sound unless you want to be back in bed."  So they didn't.  Brian says there was almost a peep from one of them and he just made some grunting sound at them and they got big eyes and zipped their lips.  When I came home shortly before midnight I found them here. 

1 comment:

Susie said...

I laughed my head off!! Such a funny-true to life post Becky!! I so agree. I can't count how many times I wish I could have been a fly on the wall!! Guys do things so different than we women would ever think to--like said not necessarily wrong- just different. I think we compliment each other with our varying ideas!!